NIPS 2019 Visa Information
Things that will make the visa process smoother:
1. Apply early! If you are unsure how early you should apply, please consult our processing times calculator to determine the service standard for your country. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
2. Complete the entire applications and do not leave any empty spaces because you think they don’t pertain to you.
3. Ensure that you provide all the necessary supporting documentation. Failure to do #2 and #3 may cause delays or may result in a refusal.
4. Ensure that your passport is valid and continues to be valid for at least 6 months from the date of your entry into Canada for this event.
Electronic Screening required for those who don't need a visa
Screening affects people who don't need visas to visit Canada, including Britons, Europeans, and Australians. U.S. citizens are exempt. See the link for more information.
For official information on Canadia Visas, please see this link:
Submission of Applications
Canada does not have a visa office in every country so it is important that delegates visit the website of the Canadian visa office responsible for processing their visa application. Information is available on the website on how to submit a visa application and the documentation required.
Processing times for visa applications vary depending on the visa office and the time of the year. Participants are encouraged to apply approximately 12 weeks in advance of their departure date to ensure they receive the visa in time.
Submission at a Visa Application Centre (VAC)
(In person or by mail)
· This system allows clients to submit applications online.
· Delegates that choose to apply on-line will not have to submit their passport until requested to do so by a visa officer.
· The visa office will send the applicant instructions on how and where to send their passports to finalize the visa process.
· VACs are commercial service providers authorized by Canada to provide specific services to applicants.
· VACs provide a number of services to clients, including help applicants fill out forms, answer questions and ensure that applications are complete.
· Reduces unnecessary delays or refusals due to incomplete applications.
· VACs serve as a collection point for applicants required to provide a biometric.
· VACs send applications to visa offices and transmit decisions to applicants in a secure and confidential manner.
· VACs do not process visa applications and have no decision-making authority.
NEW – Biometrics (Global Expansion)
Depending on your nationality, you may be required to give your biometrics as soon as this summer 2018:
· Starting July 31, 2018 the biometric requirement becomes mandatory for nationals of Europe, Middle East and Africa, and
· Starting December 31, 2018 the biometric requirement becomes mandatory for nationals of Asia, Asia Pacific and the Americas.
For additional information on whether or not you require a biometric, please refer to our fast facts about Biometrics.
Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)
As of November 10, 2016, visa-exempt foreign nationals are expected to have an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to or transit through Canada. Exceptions include U.S. citizens, and travelers with a valid Canadian visa. Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, and Canadian permanent residents are not eligible to apply for an eTA.
If you have any questions on the importation of goods related to your event please contact the International Events and Conventions Services Program (IECSP) at the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA).
We hope you will find this information useful and look forward to working with you.
Special Events Unit- NHQ
An invitation letter is provided for you on your registration page after you have paid for registration. No custom letters are provided. Click "My Registrations" and visit this year's (paid) registration to get your letter of invitation.
Meeting Host: Mary-Ellen Perry / Andrea Brown
Meeting Host Address in Montreal: Palais des Congres de Montreal
Meeting host phone number: 858-4543-4100 x 1219
NIPS Contact Information is here
APPLY FOR YOUR VISA BEFORE Oct. 4, 2018
Our cancellation policy explains why you should apply before Oct. 4, 2018.Legal Help Getting a Visa