Press Policy and Press Pass
For the Media: In 2017 for the first time, credentialed media will be present at NIPS. Journalists with a press pass attending the conference will recieve:
- Complimentary registration for the Main Conference only; Tutorials or Workshops are not included.
- Access to the NIPS press confrence.
- Access to on-site press room for conducting interviews.
- Access to wi-fi.
- If you wish to apply for a press pass do so here https://goo.gl/forms/Mv4GgezIbCWHhkWU2
- Notification of acceptance or denial of press pass will take place on a rolling basis. Journalists recieving a press pass will receive an email and be directed to register for the conference.
- Review of applications ends on November 3rd. No passes will be granted after that time.
- Pick up your credentials at the main registration desk. See Mary Ellen Perry, Lee Campbell, or Terrence Gaines.
- Some information presented at NIPS may be proprietary or off the record. Accredited journalists attending the confrence will be provided guidelines in advance of the confrence.
For Attendees: In advance of attending the confrence this year, you may want to to check in with the the communications or media team that manages media interaction with your work. A few key things to remember when showing public work in a space with active media teams:
- Most nametags for reporters will be distinct from from the tags of general attendees.
- Check with your media team, or manager about what stratagy your group intends to follow regarding interactions with the media.
- If you are unsure about how to react or respond, direct the member of the media to speak with your communications team member.